Friday, October 11, 2013

Almond & Peanut Butter Cookies

On the weekends, I usually spend the first day keeping house. Part of that routine means that I try and at least cook a few things to have on hand for the rest of the working week. It makes life run a lot smoother the rest of the week, when you're running out the door and don't have time to make a lunch! Or when I'm too tired to cook after work! Today is no exception, and I decided I wanted to make a sweet treat that was a bit healthier than the multitude of other goodies that are available out there. I also didn't want to get groceries, so it had to be simple. After some quick researching on TasteSpotting, I came across these flourless almond butter cookies*! Am I ever glad I made these! They are the perfect autumn-time cookie! They are soft and slightly chewy, as a good cookie should be and couldn't be easier to make. The only problem is that I'm not sure they will last very long!

*I made mine with slight adaptations based on what I had. I used half maple syrup/half honey & put in 2/3 almond butter and 1/3 peanut butter.

1 comment:

  1. Yum, those look perfect! I make a similar flourless recipe with peanut butter but I'll have to try it with almonds instead. And yes to batch cooking on the weekend/days off! It seriously saves me.

    ReplyDelete